[W9RCA-News] Field Day Reminder

Jim Keeth AF9A at arrl.net
Fri Jun 22 09:53:40 EDT 2018

Greetings,

This being Set-up Day for our Field Day 2018 effort, I thought you might like to wake up to a morning newspaper – or more specifically, a copy of the article about us that appeared on the front page of Thursday’s Martinsville Reporter-Times.
We’re also slated to get mentioned today on several newscasts of Martinsville radio station WCBK, 102.3 FM: https://www.wcbk.com/ <https://www.wcbk.com/>

I’m trying to find someone who can record one of those newscasts. Supposedly the station can be heard online, but I haven’t found a site that works on my computer. (Let me know if you find one that works on yours or can record it off the radio.)

See you at 5 o’clock!

  73,
Brian, W9IND

REMEMBER:

* Set-up begins at 5 p.m. today at Victor Conservation Club, 6675 Red Day Road, Martinsville.

* Set-up continues at 10 a.m. Saturday. (Although you can arrive as early as you want, since our access to the property begins today. If the gate is closed, the lock should be unclicked.)

* Field Day begins at 2 p.m. Saturday and ends at 2 p.m. Sunday (at least for our group).

* We have permission to camp overnight on Friday and Saturday. Tent camping should be done near the shelter – ideally on the side opposite the road for safety’s sake.

* Don’t drive into the campground at the end of the road; it’s off-limits to us this weekend.