[W9RCA-News] RCA ET-4339 RESTORATION

Ira Curtis kch at tie.cl
Sat Jul 21 13:40:23 EDT 2007

Hi All!
After more than 67 years of splendid isolation,  Our sleeping beauty has been found and may come back to life. She will most probably need much more than just a kiss to awake,  but no expense will be spared!
I have just found a complete set of RCA ET-4339 300W AM/CW transmitters hidden in an attic of the University of Santiago, Chile (USACH), that were on their way to the dumpster. it is basically a rack mounted 3 single channels xtal controlled transmitter  Model MI-4882 with 6V6 osc. 807 soc. amplifier, driving a pair of 812 in push-pull, and of course, a  link output. the 812's are plate modulated by a pair of 811's.
Actually, the amount of bird  droppings  I carried back  home was more  than  the metals...
What I  need from you guys is information. Have any one of you ever heard of these? are manuals, originals or otherwise that I can buy, copy borrow  or steal?  any Photos? leaflets etc? . In other words, I would like to have it as complete as possible and as original as possible.
Of course once done, I will put it on the air on 40 and 15 meters. I will also prepare a website where you will be able to see work  progress. Please help me wake her up!!!
Ira Curtis,
CE3AM......4X4SW