[W9RCA-News] RCA, ham, DirecTV items for sale

Kevin Nortrup Kevin at SugarCreekSolutions.com
Thu Nov 10 02:30:21 EST 2022

Like many of you, over too many years, I’ve stockpiled supplies and
projects “for someday”.  I’m finally starting to revisit those
stockpiles, then deciding what projects to abandon/liquidate to free up
time, space, and money for those projects that still speak to me.  This is
the first wave of that liquidation, with many more to follow if I can
maintain the momentum of the clean-up…

I’ve created a page on my website to catalog what I’m looking to re-home
(and at what price): http://sugarcreeksolutions.com/blog/flea-market/   I’
ll maintain that catalog as I sell and add yet other items, but I’ll send
updates to this mailing list only for significant new, ham-related items.

Most prices are negotiable/OBO, and I’m willing to entertain swapping for
others’ similar surplus.  For questions, further information, or offers,
please email me at N9NHL at SugarCreekSolutions.com
<mailto:N9NHL at SugarCreekSolutions.com> .

Public-service announcement: please don't throw end-of-life amateur-radio
gear, computers, or other electronic items into the trash.   The greater
Indianapolis area has several options for avoiding hazardous waste and for
actually reclaiming value from it, including Technology Recyclers
<https://tech-recyclers.com/why-recycle-electronics-computers/> .

RCA memorabilia

Techfab chair with RCA logo: black vinyl upholstery, aluminum frame,
casters, newer-style RCA logo (not radio version) by TechFab, purchased from
TV-repair shop, still in great condition -  (see pictures on website)

VQT-51L 1972 RCA radio/phono console: Beautiful piece of furniture, few
cosmetic flaws, power-supply hum (dry electrolytics?), missing one audio
channel (right or left?), receives FM, haven’t troubleshot further - winter
project, or just gut for cabinet? -  (see pictures on website)

Amateur-radio gear

Heathkit IM-4100 Digital Frequency Counter (30 MHz)

Passes “light and play” test, will perform other tests as requested

CDE H-III / CD-44 Antenna Transmit/Receive Direction Control Box

Will perform tests as requested

HyGain H-IV / CD-45 Transmit/Receive Direction Control Box

Will perform tests as requested

Realistic 20-301 10-channel direct-entry programmable scanner

Manually tuned 162.55 MHz weather, will perform other tests as requested

Bud Industries PRM-14460 18” rack-mount case

Black ABS, unused, purchased for home-brew rack-mount project that never
came to pass, from DigiKey
https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/bud-industries/PRM-14460/655427

DirecTV head-end rack

(Will sell as package or separate as requested - will perform tests as
requested)

Atlas 144-18 44-RU 18″ Rack cabinet

Rear door missing, but with a few shelves

DirecTV SWM-32 4×8 channel SWiM

With 20V and 24V power supplies

DirecTV H25-100 HD SWM receivers

For use with Single Wire Multiswitch (SWM) systems; with access cards and
EPS10R3-15 12V/1.5A power bricks; Q=32 available

Blonder-Tongue SVCS-6 No. 1906 6-way splitter 5-1000 MHz

Blonder-Tongue 17dB 4-output directional tap 5-1000 MHz

MSPLIT18R1-01 8-way splitter 2-2150 MHz

Q=4 available

DirecTV DCAU1R0-01 On-Demand Ethernet to Coax Adapter

For use with Single Wire Multiswitch (SWM) systems; with EPS10R3-15 12V/1.5A
power bricks; Q=4 available

Lots of patch cords: RG-6, RG-59, Cat-5E, MonoPrice V10277 Cat-6 patch cords

73,

Kevin Nortrup, CSEP, CPHIMS, LSSGB, FHIMSS, DSHS - N9NHL

Sugar Creek Solutions LLC

www.sugarcreeksolutions.com <http://www.sugarcreeksolutions.com/>