[W9RCA-News] Field Day

Jim Keeth af9a at arrl.net
Sun Jun 20 14:49:05 EDT 2010

Just a reminder, Field Day is next weekend, June 26-27.    As you
know, our Club and the Indianapolis Radio Club are doing a joint
operation at the Marion County Fair Grounds.  This will be the third
year of operation from the Fair Grounds however, we'll be at a
different location within the facility this year.   Because of other
activities at the Fair Grounds, enter only from the east gate on
Fisher Road.   Use the ARRL FD locater for a map.  Type in W9JP:
http://www.arrl.org/field-day-locator

If you are newly licensed since last Field Day, or haven't been
active on the air, you are invited to operate the GOTA (Get On The
Air) station.  Non hams are also invited to operate the GOTA station
under the supervision of a control operator.   Don't be shy, come out
and operate for awhile.  In the past, the RCA Club has contributed
over half of the total QSOs.  This year, three of our best operators
will not be able to attend for various reasons.   All operators are
welcome!  More information at:  http://www.arrl.org/field-day

If you'd like to schedule a specific time to operate, contact Tom
Chance, K9XV, or Ron Cooper, WB9DKL.  Email addresses below.  Drinks
and food will be provided!

73,
Jim AF9A

-----------

Indianapolis Radio Club / RCA ARC Field Day 2010

When:  June 26th - 27th

Where:  Marion County Fairgrounds, Sheriff's Building, East Side of
the Park

Time(s):  Setup 9AM Saturday; Operations: 2PM Saturday to 2PM Sunday;

Who:  Anyone and everyone is welcome!

Entrance: East Gate Only

Talk in Freq:  146.76 repeater

Location:  http://www.arrl.org/field-day-locator   (Enter W9JP)

Class:  3A;  We have three run stations including a dedicated CW station

For more info Contact:  Tom (Cell:  317-213-2940) k9xv at arrl.net or
Ron wb9dkl at aol.com

Everyone:

We want to invite all hams to the Indianapolis Radio Club / RCA ARC
2010 Field Day Event.  We need operators, visitors and new hams.
Please bring a friend. We will 3 run stations equipped; a VHF station
and GOTA station (W9RCA).  Let us know if you have a particular
preference for SSB or CW and what time you might be there.  Our goal
is simple, to operate and have fun!

See you at Field Day!

Sincerely,

Tom