[W9RCA-News] USS Indy Radio WW2IND

Jim Keeth af9a at arrl.net
Sat May 8 10:16:49 EDT 2010

The following is from Chuck Crist, W9IH:

USS Indy Radio WW2IND ops sked for May , June, July & August 2010

There will several chances during May,June,July & August this year
for hams to operate  WW2IND from the Indiana War Memorial Musuem...

Come join in & bring friends. (if just for an hour...we need radio
operators) also spread the word I may have missed someone that you
know would like to help out.

INFO:

(A) all radio ops will be at the IWM (indiana war memorial museum)...
Use Michigan st entrance.

(B) after hours talk-in is 146.52 simplex for door entry...call WW2IND

(C) Parking is free weekends & holidays around the building.

(D) CW Operators _bring own Key or paddles.

Please check out the ops sked on the www.USSIndyRadio.org website...
click on special event 2010 links.

Let me know when you can operate? Or just show up!

WHEN:_WHAT:_& _TIME:

[1] May;31 mon. Memorial day _noon-9P;  Two-three ham stations CW on
any ham ststion....

[2] JUNE 4th_5th & 6th Fri-Sun Museum Ships Event(48 hrs); three Ham
station CW on any ham ststion....

[3] JULY     TBA 9a-6pm  USS Indiana-BB-58  _OTA Call (WW2IND/BB-58)
to honor the newest addition to the IWM WW2 historical area...Two-
three ham stations

[4] AUGUST; 1st Sun, 9am-3pm; survivors remembered...Two-three ham
stations

Please check out the ops sked on the   www.USSIndyRadio.org website...
let me know when you can operate?

73