[W9RCA-News] Field Day is less than two weeks away!

Jim Keeth af9a at arrl.net
Mon Jun 16 19:36:23 EDT 2008

Remember, Field Day is two weeks from this past weekend, June 28-29.

Our operation this year will be different than in previous years.
We'll be having a joint operation with the Indianapolis Radio Club at
the Marion County Fair Grounds.    We'll be operating the 2A class
which means two full time stations on emergency power,  a VHF (6 and
2 meters) station, and a Get On The Air (GOTA) station.   The GOTA
station is for any amateur licensed since last Field Day,  amateurs
who have been inactive for an extended period of time, plus non-hams
who might like to make a few contacts (with some guidance from a
control operator).

  Tom Chance (IRC),  Dave Jarvis, and Jim Rinehart have been working
hard to pull everything together to make this happen.  Mark your
calendars now so you won't forget!  Setup will begin about 10AM
Saturday;  the contest starts at 2PM EDT and runs for 24 hours.  The
clubs will provide a Saturday evening cook out and Sunday morning
breakfast.